1. Tobias Hanson - 561
Birth Date: Circa 1640
Occupation: Lived Dover, HN
Spouse: Elizabeth Boyce - 562
Children: Elizabeth - 33
1.1 Elizabeth Hanson - 33
Birth Date: Circa 1696
Birth Place: Dover,NH?
( Wife of Samuel Buxton)
b. cia 1696?
M.7 Jan 1716 (pub?)
* Father was Tobias Hanson of Dover, NH
* Wife of Samuel Buxton
Spouse: Samuel Buxton - 32
Birth Date: May 1691
Death Date: 1753
Spouse Father: Joseph Buxton - 34 (1663-1752)
Spouse Mother: Ester Southwick (I) - 35 (1663-1745)
( Son of Joseph Buxton)
b.2 May 1691
M.(pub) 7 Jan 1716 Elizabeth Hanson
* They had 8 children
Marriage Date: 7 Jan 1716
Children: Benjamin - 30
Samuel - 94
Caleb - 95
Joseph - 97
Anna - 101
Sarah - 102
Lydia - 103
Aaron - 111
1.1.1 Benjamin Buxton - 30
Birth Date: 1715
Death Date: 1781
Death Place: Smithfield,RI
Occupation: Fighter-French & Indian War/Farmer
( Son of Samuel Buxton)
Version of 5/5/95
d. 1781, Smithfield, RI
* Freeman 1 May 1744
* Fought in French & Indian War
*Married 30 July 1741; Charity Maule
* Removed to Danby, Vt. 1790
(1) John Buxton
(2) James Buxton
(3) Ester ( Buxton) Ellet
(4) Betsey Buxton
Spouse: Charity Maule - 31
Birth Date: 1712/1715
Birth Place: Salem,MA?
Spouse Father: John Maule - 71 (1684-1726)
Spouse Mother: Charity Jones - 70
( Wife of Benjamin Buxton)
Version of 5/5/95
b. cia 1720
M. 30 July 1741; Benjamin Buxton
* Wife of Benjamin Buxton
* Dau of Thomas Maule & Charity of Salem, MA. who were married in Phalidelphia.
* Heiress, Quaker
* Her son James Buxton ( b. 1745) is my heir
Marriage Date: 30 Jul 1741
Children: James - 25
John - 91
Ester - 92
Betsey - 93
18.104.22.168 James Buxton -Capt. - 25
Birth Date: 1745
Death Date: 1817
Death Place: Smithfield,RI
Occupation: Rev. War Fighter
( Son of Benjamin Buxton)
Version of 5/23/95 from Buxton Family Book
M. 6 June 1771 Ester Southwick
d. 1817 of paralysis in Smithfield, RI
* Was Captain in Rev. War.
* Ester b. 5 June 1748 in Mendon, MA. gr. gr. grandaughter of Casandra ?
* Served in Revolutionary War.
* Owned land in Worcester Co. Ma.
Revolutionary War Data from National Archives
* Got 300 achers of bounty land for Rev. War service.
* James Buxton of Danvers, MA; 11th Regt. Continental Army; Lieut. Col. Benj. Lappin --pay accts. for srvices Jan. 1, 77 to Dec. 31, 1779. Also Ensign in Col. Ebenezer Francisco's regt. Also promoted Captain March 16, 1781.
Buxton Book Information
* Enlisted in the Revolutionary army as ensign on the Worcester Rolls 3rd. C. MASS REGT. 15TH REGS, CAPT. NOAH LITTLEFIELD, MAJ. ANDREW PETERS, LY. COL. BENJAMIN TUPPER, COL.JOHN BAILY. HE SERVED ON THE HUDSON UNDER GEN. LEE AND ON 1v Jan 1781 he recieved a Captain's commission, signed by Gov. John Hancock.
Spouse: Ester Southwick (II) - 26
Birth Date: 5 Jun 1778
Birth Place: Mendon,MA
Religion: Quaker ?
Ester Southwick, Quakeress
( Wife of James Buxton)
b.5 June 1748
M. 6 June 1771 in Smithfield 3 June 1771 by Justice Isreal Arnold
Wife of James Buxton, not a Quaker ??
Mother of David Buxton
Marriage Date: 6 Jun 1771
Children: Jonathan - 115
David - 125
Rufus - 154
Otis - 155
Ruth - 156
Elizabeth - 233
Harriet - 235
Charity - 237
George - 239
Jacob? - 241
22.214.171.124.1 Jonathan Buxton - 115
Birth Date: 1771
126.96.36.199.2 David Buxton - 125
Birth Date: 1775
Death Date: 1861
Occupation: Farmer/millworker-Slatersville or Burrillville,RI
Education: Living Smithfield, RI
DAVID ? BUXTON
( 2nd child & son of James Buxton)
Version of 8/17/93
d. 1861 (86yrs?)
* Father of Lewis David Buxton
* A David Buxton listed as born 22 Nov. 1775, who married Anna Dodge and Dorothy Tewksbury, and son of James Buxton and Patience Osborn of Danvers! Seems a little to early to be the David in question!
* Not listed in Grafton 1860 with other Buxton families fathered by a Buxton of his age? Was his father really Joseph who is listed in Grafton ?
* Census data: See ?
* Married Philadelphia Darling, 30 Dec. 1804 in Mendon, Worc Co, MA. How does this work with the David of other wives??
* From Bea Buxton Report:
- Farmer & Millworker, Slatersville or Burrillville
- Living in Smithfield, R.I.
- Had 11 Children- Copy in Buxton Records here!
* Son of Ester Southwick & James Buxton-Check this!
Spouse: Philadelphia Darling - 24
Birth Date: Circa 1783
Birth Place: Salem,MA ( Essex county)
Philadelphia ( Buxton) Darling
Version of 5/16/95
b. cia 1775; IGI says abt. 1783 in Salem, Essex Co., MA
M. 30 December 1804 to David Buxton, in Mendon, Ma.
* No parents listed in IGI
Marriage Date: 30 Dec 1804
Marriage Place: Mendon,Worcester Co., MA
Children: Lewis David - 21
Plina - 90
Eliza - 116
Clarissa - 117
James - 118
Sally Anne - 119
Ester - 120
William - 121
Emily - 122
George - 123
Edward - 124
188.8.131.52.2.1 Lewis David Buxton - 21
Birth Date: Circa 1830
Birth Place: RI
Religion: Lewis also known as Lenie D. Buxton
Lewis David Buxton
( 11th child & son of David Buxton)
Version of 9/7/9
b.1830? Was listed as 50 in 1880, born in RI.
m. cia 1854 Laura
* Wife was Laura (Remason ) Buxton, age 45 in 1880 & age 26 in 1860!
* Son of David Buxton & Philadelphia Darling?
* Lewis was listed as Lenie D. Buxton also.
* Children: 1880 1860 Work 1880
Lewis De Forest Buxton 25 5 Shoe factory--Possible by another mother?
Leona A. Buxton 22 2 No occupation
Edward Buxton 19 Shoe factory
Williard Buxton not listed???
*Note a Wm Buxton age 17 (b. 1863) in 1880 living at Nichols house next door as a border?
Frank Buxton 14 At school
Ormara Buxton 12 At school Name could be Orean?
Jennie Buxton 7 School
Fred C. Buxton 1 N/A
* A Harriet Moore 18 was living with family in 1860 ! Could this be a sister to Laura or Lewis?
* 1880 Census says "works fer shoe factory". Lewis father & mother born in RI. His wife of then, Laura born in Mass. However mother of son Lewis was born in RI and all rest of children born in Mass! Was Lewis son of a 1st wife?
* No Remason or Robinson, Laura listed in LDS IGI records for US or Can. Poss try Eng?
* Son of Ester Southwick & ??????
Should look up the Crosley & Buxton Co. in City Directory or else where?
Spouse: Laura Remason - 22
Birth Date: 1831
Marriage Date: Circa 1854
Children: Lewis DeForest - 17
Willard H. - 78
Fred E. - 79
Frank R. - 80
Edward E. - 81
Leona A. - 82
Oreanna - 84
Jennie - 85
184.108.40.206.2.1.1 Lewis DeForest Buxton - 17
Birth Date: 1854
Death Date: 18 Feb 1938
Death Place: was 82
Occupation: Canvasser-Boats/worcester, MA Dir of 1885/86 as canvasser
Lewis De Forest Buxton
( Son of Lewis David Buxton)
Version of 8/17/93
b. cia 1867
* Lewis D. was listed in Worcester, Mass Dir. of 1885 / 86 as canvasser, so worked with brother on boats?
* His brothers were:
(1) Willard Buxton of Boylston, Ma
(2) Fred E. Buxton of Worcester-Worc. Dir of 1885/86 does not lists him ! He shows up in 1901 as slipper maker, and lives with Frank R. who now is also slipper maker. In 1902 Fred is a paperhanger. In 1903 Fred is working in Crosley & Buxton.
(3) Frank R. Buxton of Worcester- Worc. Dir of 1885/86 lists him as organ reed maker. He was listed as 14 in 1880.
(4) Edward E.Buxton of Worcester-Worc. Dir of 1885/86 lists him as boat maker. He was listed as 19 in 1880.
* Relatives unk. poss daughters of same father as boys above?
Leona A. ( Buxton) Ainsworth-Westboro. Listed as 22 yrs in 1880.
Oreanna or Ormara Buxton-Worcester. Listed as 12 yrs in 1880.
Jennie (Buxton) Bryant-Vt. Listed as 7 yrs in 1880.
* Same household with Edward, Frank, and Lewis D.in 1885 / 86 ( located at 27 Shelby St.; Worcester, Mass.)was:
Wm H. Buxton-machinest- Who was he?
*Wife was Lydia Emma (Pratt ) Buxton
* Daughter was Clara Gertrude (Buxton) Clark of Grafton / NJ; Mildred Louise (Buxton) Cheever( or Mrs. Frank C. Cheever (Rev.); of Grafton /Detroit / NJ; Idella (Della) (Buxton ) Burk of Grafton.
* Son was Walter Eugene Buxton of North Grafton, MA. His wife was Ester Jennison
* Lewis's father listed as Lenie D. or Lewis, age 50, born RI, from 1880 info.
* Lewis's mother was Laura W. ( ? ) Buxton, age 45 in 1880.
* Census data seen: 1880 Worcester?
Spouse: Lydia Emma Pratt - 18
Birth Date: ? Mar 1856
Birth Place: ME?/NH?
Death Date: 1917
Spouse Father: James Nelson Pratt - 19 (1830-1900)
Spouse Mother: Lydia Eleanor Holt - 20 (1830-)
Lydia Emma (Pratt) or Emma L. Buxton
Version of 9/7/93
* Husband was Lewis De Forest Buxton
* Mother of Clara Gertrude (Buxton) Clark
* Father and Mother were: Lydia Eleanor (Holt) Pratt , b. Feb 1838 from Me.and James Nelson Pratt, b. Sept. 1830 from NH..
* Her sister was Malvia(sp?) (Pratt or Holt?) Butler or Holt? Sister's husband was Leonda Butler of Noniqwalk, Me. Sister lived in Houlton, Me. (See old photo)
* Lewis's wife in 1880 Census was ?.
* Listed as Emma L. in 1900 Census, at age 44 , born Mass, and living with Lewis.
* See Pratt family in 1900 Census as neighbors.
* Children were: See sheet on Lewis De Forest Buxton or copy here.
* Census data seen: 1800 & 1900 What town?
Children: Clara Gertrude - 2
Mildred - 72
Idella ( Della) - 74
Walter Eugene - 76
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 Clara Gertrude Buxton - 2
Birth Date: 12 Jun 1887
Death Date: 26 Aug 1983
Death Place: Red Bank,NJ / died at 96
Burial Place: Riverside Cem. Grafton,MA
Occupation: Shoe Worker & Housewife
Education: Lived at 14 Narunsunk St, Rumson, NJ
Clara Gertrude (Buxton) Clark
Version of 4/14/94
b. June 12th, 1887?
M.July 1st, 1906
d.Aug.26th, 1983 (96)
* Wife of Theodore Hervey Clark
* Daughter of Lewis DeForest Buxton and Lidia Emma (Pratt) Buxton.
* Sisters & brothers were: Mildred Louise (Buxton) Cheever and Idella (Della ) (Buxton) Burke, and Walter Eugene Buxton of North Grafton, MA.
* She had five sons, and one daughter, see under Theodore Sr. (husband) data.
* As of 1993, there were ______ grandchildren and _______ great grand children.
* Father was Lewis De Forest Buxton and mother was Lydia Emma (Pratt) Buxton of Grafton, MA.
* Later years lived with son Ted, Theodore Clark Jr. in Rumson, NJ
* Lived on North Street after leaving daughter's home on Carroll Rd.
* Loved to watch wressling on TV in later years.
* Had saying of "Listen listen Cats a pissin, get your gun get your gun. There all done! This was someold ditty! This was not typical for her to say such a thing!
* Called road bumps "Thank me nots" or "Thank you mams?"
* Told story of driving/crashing a Model A Ford into rear of garage in Grafton.
* Had dog named Girley , a golden color Cocker Spaniel at Carroll Rd. home. Pictures of both her and dog & Dick and dog still exist in family.
* Dorothy has many photos of her mother as well as Doris.
* Schooling : graduated from old school on Westboro Rd. No more is known?
* Died of Stroke/Old age in NJ in hospital. Had cancer tumor removed from brest 3 years before deciest.
* Lived with son Theodore Clark Jr.and family in NJ for 20 years!?
* Known for home canning and hogs head cheeze.
* Born in Wild Cat Swamp?Where was this in Grafton??
* Daughter said she played organ with stops. A church peddle & manual pull out stops style organ.
* Also worked in Forbush Shoe factory in North Grafton as eyelet inserter. Can a photograph of shoes produced at Factory in period of interest be found? Grafton Lib. ?
* Wedding Cirt & birth Cirt held by Doris & Ted.
* Census data seen: None
* I have her old drivers license ( 19??), given to me by Doris.
Spouse: Theodore Hervey Clark - 1
Birth Date: 19 Nov 1881
Death Date: 30 Dec 1944
Death Place: Grafton,MA
Burial Place: Grafton, MA-Riverside Cem.
Occupation: Shoe Worker
Education: Liv Westboro Street, Grafton
Spouse Father: Edward Sumner Clark - 3 (1839-1910)
Spouse Mother: Sara Goulding Pratt - 4 (1840-)
Theodore Hervey Clark
( Son of Edward Summer Clark)
Version of 4.14.95
M.July 1st, 1906
d.Dec. 30 , 1944
* Wife was Clara Gertrude (Buxton) Clark
* Children were: Dorothy Gertrude ,d.1994 ; Gilbert Elwyn, alive in 95; Theodore Hervey Jr, alive in 95.; Harold Hervey, died in 198? ; Gordon Lewis, alive in 95; Wendell Edward, died in 1997?
* Resided in Grafton, MA at North Street now owned by Sessons family
* Worked for Forbush Shoe Co. in North Grafton. Poported to be involved with eyelets and laces operation. Postcard view of Factory in Collection.
* Also lived at 16 (now 10) Carrol Rd. in Grafton after dad bought home.
* Father was Edward Summer Clark and mother was Sarah Goulding (Pratt) Clark
* Born in Grafton?
* Was a skilled farmer. Worked much of 50 Achers on North Street.
* Died from heart attack while riding to work with Mr. Flemming. Mr. Flemming brought him home to Clara rather than to Dr. or hospital. He was reported to have stopped talking in mid sentence. He also had not taken is medicine for high blood pressure! Doris Clark checked him when he arrived home and was found to be dead.
* Theodore's brother was Charles Clark who lived on North Street. He was a farmer and now known as Abotts farm site of local vetinarian. l
* His brother Charles children were: M.Alice ( Clark) Gibson & an only son Franklin Clark who died on way to WWI.
* Another brother was Leo Clark, father of Vera (Clark) Clapp; Normon Clark, husband of Dot Jordan; Albert Clark who died in appendix opperation while attending Brown University. Note Albert was a baseball player.
* Theodore Sr. built home next to Sessions.
* Edith Smedburg's house is where his farm was then that had 24 Achers.
* Ref. old house picture in magazine: that was purchased from Lawyer Scott's mother, a Maria Griggs?
* Theodore's schooling was likely only gramma school?
* May have worked for WPA in 1930s, see Gov. Doc.?
* SS #=?
* Wedding Cirt. held by Doris & Ted Clark. Get copy for record!
* Census data seen: None
We have letter in file from him to Joseph & Dorothy dated Nov28th, 1944.
Marriage Date: 1 Jul 1906
Children: Harold Hervey - 52
Dorothy Gretrude - 53
Wendel Edward - 54
Gordon Lewis - 55
Gilbert Elwyn - 56
Theodore Hervey - 57
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1 Harold Hervey Clark - 52
Birth Date: 24 Dec 1910
Occupation: Wyman-Gordon Steel & Bus Driver in later yrs/Liv Grafton, MA
Education: Wked also at Bay State Abrisives in Westboro/retired 1974
Spouse: Gertrude Doerr/Braio - 365
Occupation: Livs in Barstow,California
Children: Harold Alvin - 366
Wayne - 367
Patrica Ann - 368
Deborah A. - 369
Carolyn L. - 409
Cynthia J. - 416
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.1 Harold Alvin Clark - 366
Occupation: Liv Grafton
Spouse: Ann unk-Wife of Alvin Clark - 405
Children: Sean - 406
Alvin Clarks daughter - 407
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1.1.1 Sean Clark - 406
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.1.2 Alvin Clarks daughter - 407
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.2 Wayne Clark - 367
Occupation: Liv Warren, MA
Spouse: Katherine Bjorndal? - 411
Children: Wayne Clarks#1 girl - 412
Wayne Clarks#2-girl - 413
Wayne Clarks#3-girl - 414
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1.2.1 Wayne Clarks#1 girl Clark - 412
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.2.2 Wayne Clarks#2-girl - 413
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.2.3 Wayne Clarks#3-girl - 414
Spouse: UNNAMED - 498
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1.3 Patrica Ann Clark - 368
Spouse: Robert Roeder - 408
Occupation: Liv Las Vegas, Nev
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1.4 Deborah A. Clark - 369
Spouse: Douglas Ggerottis - 415
Occupation: Liv Lakewood, CA
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1.5 Carolyn L. Clark - 409
Spouse: Dennis Sughrue - 410
Occupation: Liv Long Beach, CA
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1.6 Cynthia J. Clark - 416
Occupation: Liv Lakewood, CA
Spouse: Husband of Cynthia Clark? - 497
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.2 Dorothy Gretrude Clark - 53
Birth Date: 23 Jul 1908
Birth Place: Grafton, MA
Death Date: Mar 1994
Death Place: PG County Hospital, Maryland
Burial Place: Riverside Cem in Grafton
Occupation: Dental Asst.-Housewife/volenteer/Liv Westboro St., as kid
Education: Grafton High Grad.
Religion: Christian / Baptist
DOROTHY GERTRUDE ( CLARK) BOLT
version of 4-18-95
born: July 23, 1908
married:Oct. 22, 1931 in Kansas Ciity, Kansas
died: March 24, 1994 (85) in Princes Georges Hospital
* Born July 23, 1908 at quarter of 6AM (5:45 local) on a Thursday AM. Born just as Grampa Buxton was passing by to go to work. I asked dad (Lewis) to go out and tell Grampa ( Buxton) , he did and Gramp said "He knew it, he had heard the cry" I missed a nice fish dinner at my mothers as I went every Thurs for a fish dinner. This was from Clara notes. Grampa Buxton would have been Lewis David and her dad was Lewis also. House born at was her uncle Charles home on North Street.
* Daughter of Theodore Hervey Clark and Clara Buxton of Grafton, MA.
* Born and lived in Grafton , Ma.
* Was in graduating class of 1926 from Grafton High on Worcestewr St. torn down in abt. 1960s?
* Lived on North Street in old Sessions house. Worked for Dr. Shipman in Worcester. Wm L. Shipman@311 Main St.; Centeral Exchange Bld. She worked 5 years when she was 19 or 20 years old. She met Joseph as a patent of dentist.
* Married Joseph C. Bolt in 1931, and lived in Worcester, Ma.
* When first married, they lived with her folks on North Street for abt. 3 weeks till found apt. in Worcester. They lived at 498 Lincoln Street in Worcester. As times were tough, they started a business making auto windsheld wipers with salt bags.
* Joseph got job in Dayton, Ohio, where they moved in 31 or 32. This was the Standard register Co. Mr. Bolt was to organize office and factory. Lived in a tempory rented home of Sitton family on a split color street.
* Lived in Falls Church, VA till 1945, where had only child / son Richard Barkwill Bolt.
* Lived / moved back into Grafton, Ma on Carroll Road home from 1945 till 1955 when family moved to Wilbraham, Ma. Worked as vollenteer for school lunch program ( was in town hall down street from school) supporting Norcross gramma school where son attended from first grade to 7th grade (new Jr and Sr High built and no more 7th and 8th grades at Norcross). Lived at 16 Carroll Road home (now renumbered to 10 from 16). Home was bought from Mr. Parker pre move back from VA so her father and mother had a place to live after loss of homestead on North Street.
* Husband, Joseph C. Bolt founded Bolt Co. in Worcester , Mass that became Wright Line Corp. which is still in Worcester. Mrs. Bolt worked with husband in their home in worcester to make guide card version of punched computer cards used in the 1930s period. These cards were sold to companys around the country via mail. Before they sold the company to Mr. Wright, It was known as the Bolt & Wright Co.
* She was member of Kings Daughters womens organization for years n Grafton. She arranged feeding for sick people in town and was head of committe for two years.
Page 2 of Dorothy Bolt
* SS # for Research is: 025-44-6350
* She was den mother of Cub Scout pack in early 50s. Photos still exist of pack members.
* She had 5 brothers: Gordon, of Grafton Theodore of now of Cape Cod , Harold now deciest, Gilbert of Grafton, and Wendell is deceast.
* Lived in Wilbraham untill 1992, when sold home on Main Street and moved at age 84 to Bowie Maryland to live with son ( Dick) and family including new only grandson Dean. Michael Bolt of Bowie , Md.
* She also lived in other places pre VA with Joseph her husband because of work location.
* Avid antique collector including silver commerative spoon collection started by her son in early 50s.
* In Wilbraham, the family lived on Decory Drive, Main Street, and Delmore Drive.
* Dorothy never had a drivers license. She put her mothers Model T through the barn wall.
* Family story from Doris: Dorothy would come down stairs at the Grafton home to warn the family players of Red dog that the cops would come.
* Mom would say she had the BUXTON cough.
* She liked oyster stew, ________
Spouse: Joseph Clarence Bolt - 444
Birth Date: 1889
Death Date: 1968
Burial Place: Riverside Cem. Grafton
Occupation: Industrial Engineer
Joseph Clarence Bolt
(Son of George Thomas Bolt)
Version of 10/05/95
b. April 10th, 1888 in Akron, Ohio
d. Dec.12th,1968 in Springfield, Mass / Wesson Memorial hospital. Was living in Wilbraham, Mass with second family.
m. 19 _cia 1910?__ to Pearl _______? (Wagner) Bolt in Akron, Ohio.
divorsed in 1931
m. Oct. 22nd,1931 to Dorothy Gertrude (Clark) Bolt
Sister: Fern L. (Bolt) Thorp b. 1890, d.______ in Akron, Ohio. They had only an adopted daughter.
* SS# was 577-05-3117 issued in Washington ,DC. Record listed in LDS IGI computer.
He had baby brother who died of hooping cough when an infant. This is likely Charles Bolt age 1 in Woodland Cem.
Lived in Worcester, Mass ( 30s ); Akron,Ohio ( kid ); Bound Brook,New Jersey ( 30s ); Grafton, Ma(1944-1955); Great Falls Street ,Falls Church, Va.(193?-1944); Wilbraham, Ma (1955-death).
Children: (1) Josephine Caroline Dykeman by Pearl (Wagner) Bolt-1st marriage. Born in 1911?
(2) Richard Barkwill Bolt by Dorothy Getrude (Clark) Bolt-2nd marriage. born in Feb.24, 1939.
* Second marriage was to Dorothy Bolt ( my mom) on Oct. 22, 1931 in Kansas City, Kansas Baptist parsonage by Baptist minister Rev. Harbough.
Son of George Thomas and Ella Louise (Barkwill ) Bolt
When did his parents move to Akron?
* Joe lived in Akron, Ohio as boy.
* Father George lived in Chagrin Falls, Ohio as boy.
Father George Thomas Bolt died at 65 in July 26th,1929 in Philadelphia.
* Joe was Blond with blue eyes.
* He had clef chin/dimple ( seems grandson Dean got it)
* He had abdominal scar where he had his appendix out. Unknow when.
* Shoe size was same as son Richard, mens 9 1/2 A ( narrow).
* Wore glasses and was considerably bald, especially in later years/life.
* Fantastic mind to end. Could add columns of numbers in his head. Was taught early in life how to trace back accounting ballances that didn't match to source of error.
* Had heart condition , angina requiring nitroglicerin in later lfe for abt. 10 years. He would pass out on hot days from reaction to Nitro pills.
* In 1951 he was 5'5" & 140 lbs. Info frm US gov/I-171 records.
* Had heart attack at age 72, and was out of work for Spfld. Armory Dec61 to Feb.62 on this.
* Smoked cigirates and pipe, and in later life cigars . Chewed tabacco and hid from 2nd wife in chewing gum.
* High Street address in Akron, Ohio.
* As boy, owned a Black Orient racing bicycle in Ohio. He was said to be fond of stunting with bicycle.
* Old story of going fishing alone at only age 2 yrs. wearing skirts, was caught down street as he went by home of friends!
* Told story of unloading watermelons as kid, and dropping one on purpose so all the workers could eat!
* Dad had story of when he was a kid, got introuble for loaning a small black powder canon he had built to a friend. Seems the kid blew a finger off with it!
* Told a story of a riot in town when kid I think. His dad took him there where a prisoner was being held. There was a lynch mob. A young girl on a buggy got shot & killed by accident. Poss. a ref. in Akron history?
* Graduated from Akron Central High School at 16 (youngest in class). See class group photo still in family. See US Gov 171 form. Completed 12 yrs in 10 yrs. Had accounting, Algebra, Geometry, Commercial Math & German classes. Was "fair" in reading, speaking & understanding German.
* Notes say was office boy, book keeper & factory worker during school vacations. At Firestone? His dads place of work?
* A 1905 newspaper article on dad , Clarance Bolt & Fern Bolt, attending a home party/recieption of sundy school teacher, Miss Mary Dice. Reference Church was first M. E. church.
HOBBIES / INTERESTS
* Golf when younger. Letter of July 29, 1919 has a ref. to Golf. He had set of clubs for himself & mom that were copper shaft ons. Sold by mom.
* Fishing , especially for small mouth bass. Dad & I used to go where I rowed or we used an electric motor we had. He once got a hook caught in his hand that he had to go to a doctor in Sturbridge area to get removed. He had his own minnow bucket and grass hoper box.
* Candel Pin bowling leagues while living in Grafton, Mass. Bowled in South Grafton. I have & still use his bowling shoes.
* Billards was another interest. During stay alone in 50s and some time afterward, dad taught billards to the Demolay in Springfield, Mass. I think he learned in Bound Broook area.
* While in Va, growing Roses was one of his hobbies.
* Family had an English Springer Spaniel dog when son Richard was born, but dog became jelouse and was sold or given away!
Census of 1900 says Joseph was 12 years old and at school and his mother and father were married for 13 years. Was listed as Clarence J.(not Joseph C.) b. 1888.
Burried at Riverside Cem. Grafton in Grafton , Mass. Was cremated by his wish ( with maconic special bib) and placed in dual plot when his second wife Dorothy ( my mother) is also now burried.
* Took courses at Actuarial ( Actual?)Business College in Akron, Ohio-1906-1907
( 1/2 yr days & 1/2 Yr nights). degree in 1907. Poss. see info in city Directory for this period?
* Took correspondance cources from La Salle Correspondance School. Accounting & Business (1920-1922).
* Taught classes in Cost Accounting at YMCA in Akron & at Firestone Plant
* Was member of NACA-National Association Cost Accounting ? Was pre 1950! Are they still in existance? Merged with other group?
* Belonged to Masonic Temple in Boundbrook, NJ. Was burried with Masonic Bib. From NJ Masonic Grand Lodge of Library & Museum
( file card):
* Was member of NJ Lodge #105, Eastern Star Masonic Lodge in Boundbrook, NJ. at Second & Church Streets. Tel# 908-3567740
Sent request for info. 3/21/95.
* Iniated March 4th, 1921; Passed April 1st; & Raised April? 1st. More info likely from local lodge.
* Grand Lodge: Ken Luckenbach; 902 Jacksonville Rd.; Burlington, NJ. 08016
* NJ Grand Lodge--PO Box 460, Jacksonville Rd., Burlington 08016, 609-386-5115
US Patents Held by Joseph Bolt
Holder of three US patents including bicycle tire valve design and computer punch card sending over wire and copying device ( held with another man).
(1) Invented electrical remote control of office machines for IBM. Joseph C.Bolt of Boston & Curt I. Johnson; Worcester, Mass. assors to the Tabulating Machine Co., Endicott, Ny. Distance Control Device (serial # 497236) Aug. 9, 1932: pat# 1,870,230. Pat. lawyer M.E. Keller; 270 Broadway, NY.-Called Electrical Remote Control of Office Machines, was for IBM.
See also letter from IBM talking about filling in Canada in 9/15/1931.
* Draft letter to W.M. Wilson, Pat. Dep. IBM on Nov.9, 1931 at 270 Broadway, NYC on expiditing $ for he & Johnson.
(2) Method and apparatus for Vulcanizing inner tubes or the like. Pat. # 1,583,520, May 4th, 1926( think shows for bicycle tubes?). See letter about filing in South Africa dated _March 10, 1926___________.
(3) For Standard Register Co. invented dual paper feed for accounting machines now used by Internal Revenue (IRS) for writing Tax Refunds. Note was not in US Pat. Office search by dads name? Needs research? Search Standard Register Co. assignment? Check out Kant-Slip forms, says 25 yrs in use in 1937 add. This would be 1912, to early for dad to have done! Still have sample of eary camed sprocket wheel in home collection & possible clue. Try STD Register in Dayton, Ohio. 513-4431000 main #. 513-4433431@Hughes Skees in Pat. / Legal Section?
(4) Invented Semi Automatic payroll machine for Burroughs adding machines. This needs to be researched. Note, not in dads name when I assignment? When did he work for Burroughs? Where?
See letter of Aug. 20, 1928 reference to filing evidence of Conception for typewrighter to punch card encryptor?
AUTOs OWNED by Joseph Bolt
* 1919 Packard? Letter from Frederick R. Robinson of Detroit ref. Packard car purchase.
* When died had 1962 Chevy sedan
* Remember 48? Oldsmible 98?-had in Grafton?
* 38? Chevy?
* Must see family photos for more help on exact cars.
FIRESTONE TIRE & RUBBER Co. ( 1907-1919)
For many years he was manager of the cost department of the Firestone Tire & Rubber Co. at the Akron factory, having left the rubber center about five years ago. Gov. I-171 says: 1907-1919, Audsitor of Manufacturing Div., earned 900-5000$ / yr, Supervisor was J.W. Thomas-Gen'l Supt / President /Chairman.
managed 130 accountants & Clerks. Was then a rubber, textile & steel, and Rim Mfg. I-171 says Dads work was: designed, installed and operated accounting, production & inventory control systems. Included time study, office methods, factory methods & payroll ,etc. Was Chief cost Accountant and Cost Controller. Included many surveys, investigations and cost analysis reports. Supervised many government & commercial cost plus contracts. Think this kept him out of WWI, as
working on war tires.
* Letter of April 8, 1918 to Chief Cost Accountant ( dad) on costs of producing shoes.
* Was in group photo at Firestone on Feb. 21, 1918.
* Collection has old brown letherett 3 small ring binder says in gold letters: Firestone Homestead Outing; Columbian, Ohio; July 11th, 1914.; J. C. Bolt. contents are missing!
* Large written report/study done on operations at Co.
* Firestone archives were given to U of akron: 216-9726252. They went to the old Polsky Bld. downtown in 94!
* Dad always claimed he had ridden with Barney Olfield ( famous period autro racer) during a Fireston tire test.
Akron Ohio home
* Letter from Packared Motor Car Co. on April 30, 1918, was to dad at 53 Borton Ave.; Akron , Ohio
BROADWAY OFFICE in NY CITY ( 1919-1928)
* He had company office at on 10011 Broadway New York in ? year. Business card says :J.C, Bolt; telephone , Rector 8971; Management Engineering; cost reduction; 111 broadway; new york City.
Same period of living in Boundbrook, NJ. Belonged to Masonic Temple in Boundbrook. Was burried with Masonic Bib.
Member of Masons in Boundbrook, NJ.? Started in 1921.
* Assumed married & living with first wife. Mom said he built his own house. Get address, go see / photo of house if still there, or ask for someone else to do.
Bound Brook , NJ Home
* Belonged to Presbyterian Church
* Middlebrook Country Club-No tel listing in 94! Was Treasurer & Governor ?
* Republican Club---President
* Raritan Valley Country Club-Member
* Civic League-President
* Old letter of Jan.18th, 1924 references fight with Board of Education in Bound Brook over Fire Hazards at Lafayett School. Another unsigned letter ( likely not from dad) says he has son there now and daughter next fall. Who lived at 2 E. maple ?
* Recieved 1000$ loan from bank in Bound Brook, NJ on May 26, 1923. What wasc this for? New home? Stock as colatral?
* Owned stock in The American Speed-O-Feeder Co., Cleveland-July 16, 1921. Moms notes say Joe helped organize Co. Went BUST!
* 119 E. Maple; Phone 497. Dads father sent letter to this address on Mar. 1, 1927 from Hospital in Campden, NJ.
* Letter to dad at 524 Church St. in Bound Brook on July 27, 1922
* Letter to dad at 118 East Maple Ave in BB Nov24, 1919.
* Letter to dad in Aug. 19, 1920 was to 524 Church St. in Bound Brook, NJ.
* Letter to dad at 119 East Maple Ave. Oct. 27, 1925.
* Letter to dad of Aug.1, 1927 from First National bank of Bound Brook was to 1049 Johnston St. in Akron, Ohio? Does say dads home was in BB!
* Letter of June 7, 1921 was to dad in Voorhees Ave. in Bufallo??? Note Ap.14, 1921 letter to Madison Tire & Rubber Co. in Bufallo!
* Letter of 7/1/1919 Ref. a Mrs. Bolt
HOWE RUBBER Co. ( 1919-?)
* A letter from Packard Motor Co. on Mar.13.1919 indicates dad was working at Howe.
* Letter indicates dad resigned from Howe on Oct.23, 1919?
* Letter head says New Brunswick, NJ.
* Letter to dad from on June 24, 1922 ref. dad leaving Howe.
* Letter to dad incare of Howe Rubber Co. in New Brunswick, NJ was dated July 1st, 1919.
MADISON TIRE & RUBBER Co. (1921-?)
* Was Assistant to VP & General Manager of Madison Tire & Rubber Co.
* Address was 20 West 60th street; NYC.
* Went to work there May 20, 1921, see offer letter of 500$/ Mo.
* Note Ap.14, 1921 letter to Madison Tire & Rubber Co. in Bufallo!
GLOBE RUBBER Co. (1922?-1926?)
* Was put in as controller of The Globe Rubber Co. (NJ, see letter?)
by a bank when the company went into Bankruptcy. See letter head & lettrer on this still in family . Letter from India Rubber Review publication has attached news clipping that says: j.C. Bolt is now Secretary-Treasurer and factory manager of the Globe Rubber Tire Manfacturing Co., Trenton, N.J.
* Letter on July 13, 1922 addressed to trention , NJ talks about ways to save the Globe Rubber Co.
* Oct. 22, 1925 letter to dad at Globe would indicate the Coal & Iron National Bank has an interest in Globe.
* Understand the Govenor of NJ had interest in bank & Globe.
* Letter to dad there of Oct. 22, 1925 was to Trenton, NJ.
* Letter from The Mechanics National bank on Mar.10, 1926 talks about Gov. of NJ and Globe Rubber Co. phase out!
IBM / BOSTON, MASS. (1928-1931)
* Started as Junior Salesman?
* Think this was the period Josephine would have been in College in Boston! Which came first to Boston , the schooling or the job? What year did Josephine start & finish? How did dad find mom in Worcestter, Mass ? Met her at Shipmans Dentist in Worcester. Was he selling in Worc. with bad tooth? No, had office near by!
* IBM letter of Nov. 7, 1931 was to RM 602 in Duprey Bld. at 16 Norwich St.; Worcester.
BOLT & Co./ BOLT & Wright /Wright Line ( 1931-1933)
Founder of Wright Co., it first was Bolt Co, then was Bolt and Wright, and now Wright Line in Worcester, Mass. Wright Co. for years claimed Mr. Wright had founded it. Said so in all their pamphlets. Also in Worcester Newspaper brown section! They finally came out to interview his widow who produced many documents including bill of sale of company to Mr. Wright. They now have changed their claim!
* Was late 1933 when Stanley Wright was taken as partner. Nov. 1931 became Bolt & Wright Co.
* Address of dad was 16 Norwich St. in Worcester, Mass on July 15, 1932. Likely Bolt Co. address?
Worcester, Mass Area Address
* The old BUXTON Farm House at 498 Lincoln St.. Was address where mom & dad first lived and ran the Bolt Co. after leaving the Worcester Office of ? They lived / rented upstairs and part of down. This house was torn down for big Lincoln Sheratin Hotel.
SOLD INSURANCE ( ?-?)
* Sold insurance for Penn Indemnity. When ? Where are they?
* No records remain?
STANDARD REGISTER Co. / DAYTON , OHIO ( 1933-1946)
* Office Manager for Akron office of Standard Register Co. in 193?
Was special sales rep. for Business Machines Forms Div. of Standard Register Co. of Dayton, Ohio.
* YMCA Membership card of 1st year, May 5th, 1934-Dayton, Ohio- Was this where he stayed when first in Dayton? #34-172 on card. Was married to mom in 31, so they lived together in Dayton.
* Business card says: J.C. Bolt; Business Machines Forms Division; The Standard Register Co. ; Dayton, Ohio ( main office)
* Office address on old letter ( Ap.23,1935) to dad from IBM was toThe Standard Register Co.; 712 Stephenson Blvd.;West Grand Ave & Cass.; Detroit.
* Business card of dads says Business Machine Forms Div. at 1080 National Press Bld in Washington, DC. Tel was #3699. On 10th floor. another sheet said #880?
* Indications are started Jan. 25, 1934? & Dayton July 15, 1935.
* Card to dad on 6/5/1935 was to Standard Register Co.; Stevenson Blvd. in Detroit?
* Std Register is still in Dayton, try for archives.
Dayton, Ohio Home
* Magazine article in "The Pinehurst Outlook" says Mr. & Mrs. J. C. Bolt of Dayton, Ohio were staying at The Berkshines in Pinehurst, N. C. Was edition of March 16th, 1935. said staying there last weekend enjoying walks, drives and golf course.
* A 1936 valentine card from mom to dad at work would indicate home was 780 N. Summit St., Dayton, Ohio.
WASHINGTON,DC/ Standard Register Co.( 1938??-1945)WAR YEARS /
* Office at 1080 National Press Building; Washington, D.C.; National 3699 ( phone # ?)
* Telegram from home office to DC office would indicate April 18, 1945 was last days. Moving to Mass.
* Letter of July 22, 1938, indicates working in DC.
* In 1942, was one of the 100 point men for Co. Mom got the diamonds or a ring. Mr. W. O. Wolley was dads boss and board chairman.
* Mr. W. D. Caton was Eastern Sales Mgr. & friend of dads.
* 1937 100 point club has dads picture and he was in DC.?
* May 26, 1939 stanreco bulletin shows luggage dad won for doing 39% sales.
* Dads friend Mr. Hines was office mgr. in DC for many yrs. He is 82 and in good health & mind in California.His wife Pearl ( moms friend) died in 92. I talked to him on phone Dec. 94.
Falls Church, Va . Home
* Lived in Falls church, Va on 751 Great Falls Street during WWII.
* Purchased from Richard Feldman for 6250$ in ?
* Sold house to McCland/ on April 18, 1945 for 8000$.
* Loan Doc. 3/13/1943 for 3.3K$ was from Second National Bank in Arlington, Va.
RETIREMENT #1 / to Grafton, Mass ( 1945-1955)
* He sold "Rototillers" ( the origional Sweedish cultivators/garden tractor with rotating tines) with Mr. Somerville in Grafton, Mass. Mr. Somerville had a Henry J. Kiser dealership at time inc. show room . Letters of agreement say Rototiller Sales Co. of Grafton, Mass with Harold Somerville. Dad sold his part to Slim 6/30/1947. Start was 1/1/1947. Also mentiones Rotoetts?
This same time he played the stock market in Worcester (Payne Webber). He took his son there at least once.
Also raised chickens & strawberries there.
* Lived at 16 ( renumbered to 10 in 1980s)) Carroll Road. Moms mother lived there after we moved up from Va. Gramma & grandpapa had lived there since dad bought house in 39?? Grampa Clark died while living there . Phone # at house was 2482 in the early 50s.
*SPRINGFIELD ARMORY / US GOVERNMENT / Springfield, Mass
Worked for US government ( Springfield Armory) in Springfield, Mass.for 15 years before retiring at again age 78 . Was in Management Science Office.
Was offered another job at Rock Island Arsonal for US Army/Gov. He was a grade 12.
* Lived in Wilbraham, Mass. !st @Delmore?( rental home) , 2nd @Decory Drive (rental home)& 3rd @ ## Main street ( mom purchased home in ? & was sold in 91?
* Offered Job: 12 Dec. 1951
* Form 3/18/1953 says GS303-11 from GS 303-9.
* Form 1/30/1956 says GS 303-12 from GS 303-11
* From 1962 or 1963 says GS 343-12? June 30, 1959 form says GS12.
Wilbraham, Mass Homes
* 6 Merrill Rd. was a rental
* 19 Delmore was a rental
* Main St. was rental until Mom bought after dads death.
* Was Charter member of Springfield Chapter of AIIE or American Institute of Industrial Engineers. Dad was one of 5 Board of Directors in Mar. 1960.
* After retiriring from US Gov., he volunteered for SCORE, the retired exectives helping businesses with start up and other problems.
* Later, Joseph and son worked on Hospital Management ideas in 1964! The Company name was Control Equipment Designers.
Was he retired? Not till 68?
* Many photos still exist in family showing him as baby, with sister, etc
* Have only one super 8 movie sequence of dad shows him at Shanks party in July 1968. Expect to convert to VHS Video in 95.
* "I've heard wild geese fart before" referring to wild statements or promises!
* When did his Joe'sparents move to Akron?
* Find photo of a bicycle like his:
As boy, owned a Black Orient racing bicycle in Ohio. He was said to be fond of stunting with bicycle.
Children: Richard Barkwill - 445
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2.1 Richard Barkwill Bolt - 445
Birth Date: 24 Feb 1939
Birth Place: Washington, DC
Occupation: System Safety Engineer for NASA
Education: BSME & MBA
Richard Barkwill Bolt
(Son of Joseph Clarence Bolt)
last updated 12/02/94
b. Feb. 24th,1939 in Washington, DC( lived then in Falls Church, Va.)
m. 197? to Jacquelyn Dawn (Durfee) Hall / Bolt of Springfield, Ma.
m. 1992 to Rosita (Ferrer) Claro / Claro-Bolt
* Mother was Dorothy Gertrude (Clark) Bolt; died March 24th, 1994. She was living with us for several years. She was almost 86.
* Father was Joseph Clarence Bolt. He died in 1968(almost 80)
* No brothers or sisters! Half-sister is Josephine (Bolt) Dykeman of (Waterloo, Iowa) from my father's first marriage. I have talked to her on phone, but have never met her face-to-face.
* My only son is Dean Michael Bolt born Oct. 16. 92 by Rosita Claro-Bolt ( ex Rosita Ferrer) . Stepson ( Rose's son by previous marriage) is Juneross Ferrer Claro ( 13 in 1994).
* Step daughters with first wife were Coral (Hall) Wright , NC & Pamalyn (Hall) Durand of Springfield, Ma. Note, Pam never lifed with us, only Coral. I had Coral as a stepdaughter from 13 through last yr of college, when she eloped with Army special forces guy.
*Lived in Falls Church, Va. untill 6 years old. Family moved to Grafton, Ma. ( started 1st grade there) abt 1946, untill 1955 and moved to Wilbraham, MA Lived also in Dalton, MA, Washington, Ma, Savage, MD, Gambrills, MD, and now Bowie, MD.
* Attended Grafton's Norcross Grammar School in Grafton, Mass.( 1-7 th grades). First 8th grade class of new school was at new Grafton High School on hill overlooking Lake Ripple. Started at 6yrs old in Grafton, Mass. Note,in Va. children had to be 6 yrs old to start & in Grafton could start at 5 1/2, so was really a class behind with my cousin Pat Clark and her cousin John Hassen.
* Attended 9th & 10th grades at same Grafton High School. Was only manager of basketball team as mom was still worried my asthma would return. They only gave me a wallet for thanks as one of the players came out of active play late in sport year to do job. He got a letter for it! MAD.
* Graduated from Springfield Technical High ( Springfied, Mass) in 1957. Was not in college prep. but had same classes/courses except for language.
* Graduated from Western New England College ( day school) with BSME ( 64) & MBA (72?). Note most courses were from George Washington Univ. & University of Maryland grad. school that were transferred back to WNEC for Grad. credit. George Washington grad. courses were cenered around Transportation Mgt.
WORK HISTORY (Pre College)
* Nadolski Photo Studio in Three Rivers or Thorndike, Mass. doing wedding photos.
* Standard Electric Time Co.in Springfield, Mass; summer job running machine shop tools
* Springfield Armory, US Army; Springfield, Mass.-Worked in Gun firing Buts on Page Blvd. Summer Job between Junior & Senior yr in College.^
WORK HISTORY / Engineer ( Post College)
(1) Fuller Brush Co. in E. Hartford, CN ( Main Office & Plant, not BRUSH SALES MAN, sic.)- 2 1/2 years. Worked in Research Lab, which was catch all for maufacturing problems! Worked on plastic moldings, brush machine problems, new Charter Products Line ( Private Lable ), packaging, etc. Met Old man Fuller ( died yrs ago) and had his book autographed as I was then dating his first wifes niece Carol Ketchum who also worked there. Company was sold when old man died in abt. 70s. Co. was moved to Kansas.
(2) Kollmorgen Optical Corp in Northampton, MA- 1 1/2 years. Reliability & Maintainability of Submarine periscopes. They later tried to make a Sales Eng. out of me, but found new job.
(3) Hamilton Standard in Windsor Locks, CN-1 1/2 yrs, see as p/o United Tech below. Work was both Safety & Reliability on Life Support System for the first Moon landing.
(4) Pratt & Whitney / Turbo Power & Marine Div. of United Aircraft Corp. now United Technologys-(5 1/2 yrs to include Ham. Std. abv.) Work was Reliability of industrialm Gas Turbines.
(5) General Electric Corp in Pittsfield, MA-Reliability, Maintainability & system safety on big ship guns & Bradley personnel carrier transmission systems.-1 1/2 yrs. Note, yrs later 60 Minutes TV show asked me to come down and be filmed/ interviewed for show on controversial vehicle. I decided no, as assumed word be bad for career. Instead I worked with Senate committee guy on explaining Reliability documentation on it.
(6) Litton Amecom, College Park, MD- 1 1/2 yrs. Mostly Maintainability work on electronic systems.
(7) De Leuw Cather & Co. div. of Ralph M. Parsons in Washington, DC.- 9 yrs (Worked Safety on: DC METRO Subway project, Amtrak Control Center in Philladelphia 30th Street station, Miami Metro, LIRR). At end of nine yrs period , was member of APTA Safety Committi. Wrote and had 43xcepted several safety rules for NFPA transit safety, mostly related to escalator safety.
(8) NASA .Goddard Space Flight Center(GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD-8 yrs
Working System Safety ( Project Safety Manager) on Space Station WP3, FTS robot & DTF-1 shuttle exp. robot, TDRSS ( F-4 thru f-7), EOS-AM, EOS-PM, Landsat-7, and GRO.
** Education is BSME and MBA. Hold Professional Engineering License in the state of Wisc. sinc abt. 1980.
* Principal occupation is System Safety Engineer
HOBBIES & Interests/ MEMBER of---
* Hobbies are Amateur Radio since first licensed in 1955. Holder of Advanced Class ticket ,W1DGA. Once held W1HBP call in abt. 1968 period for contest operation.
* Fruit tree growing and tropical fruit interest. Gambrill s 1/4 acher had yard filled with fruit trees / bushes!
* My idea and two others founded the Photographical Historical Society of New England ( PHSNE), 20 years ago.in 1972. In 1993 it is the largest camera & Immage collector group in the world with abt. 600 members in 93. I and a few others were honored for this in 93 by organization and given life membership. Had published my research of an early Daguerreon photographer with documents still in existance. Anson Clark article was published in 1991 Daguerreon Journal.
* Was on local Springfield Ch22 Tom Colton? TV show was in 1968 period abt. my Antique Camera collection.
* Pratt & Whitney newspaper ( Eagle?) also published full page article on my camera collection.
* Never smoked. Never in Hospital for self! Never knocked out or unconcious! Always had trouble remembering names.
* Liked good wine, white sangrea,& beer.
*Belonged to American Youth Hostel (AYH) US group. Life Member since 5 week bike trip to Europe in 197?. Joined for bike trip to Europe in abt. 1973. Used Hostel System in Canada, Switzerland,USA, other. Was on board of directors of Hartford area AYH group for awhile before moving to Md..
* Member of Appliciation Mountain Club for years while living in N.E.
* Ran Cross Country Skiing group trips to Stowe ,Vt. several years while living in Western Mass. A few with 1st wife Jackie. Taught XC techniques.
* Member of Cyclenaughts(sp?) bicycle club in Springfield, Ma.
* Internet newsgroup "alt.agriculture.fruit" was set-up / opened for him in 93.
* Had asthma with colds & hayfeavor in early teens, but between allergy shots from my mothers cousin Dr. Clapp and time, I out grew it. Burning sulphur fumes ( sulphur dioxide) really set me off. Wooden matches!
* Built a super car called CORV8 whille still in Wilbraham. It was a 1966 Corvair Yenko Stinger #99. One of only 100 made. It had a new 1979 Corvet LT-1 Solid Lifter 350 V8 engine ( also used in many race cars) in where the back seat used to be. The front trunk space was a copper 79 Corvet radiator( also new from factory) with electric fans. The 66 Corvair transmission was converted to a close ratio Sagina box. The posi rear end was upgrade with 4 spider gears. The transaxel now had a drive shaft comming out the front into a new Corvet bell housing. The carberator was a 4 barrel Holley, smaller than stock Vet. It had its own separate bypass oil filter as well as the std. one. There were abt 300 kits sold. All the orig. seats came out and a double bucket front seat went in with cover to close out new engine compartment in rear. It was a real bear off line. I could take off easy in 4th. That year Vet engine was rated at 375HP in a car ( CORV8) that was abt 2500 lbs.? It had the dual brake system that was std in 67 Vairs. It had the std. The rear end was 3.89 std. Got abt 6 miles to the gallon. the ring gap was abt 25 /1000 so used abt qt per 600 miles. Yenko colors of white with blue stripes. I put about 10k miles on it. I sold in Md. abt 1975? It droped a half a keeper once that I was lucky enough to fine in the valve train area before the other half went & destroyed the engine. It was only used as a street fun machine. I once blew the transmission out. I redesigned the shaft to use the Sagnaw Chevy Impalla sized larger bearings on the drive shaft. New shaft was machined in Springfield to my specs.
* Used to autocross ( obstacle course/ one car at a time/ pylons) my 1965 Corvair Corsa in Longmeadow & Riverside Park, Ma. Was competing with V8 Mustangs. Always better till Riverside and the locked spider Mustangs beat me. This was 1965-1967 period. Have still slides & movies of this.
* Used to race a sailboat ( Y Flyer #208;18 foot scow with 60?sqft jib & 110sqft main) , mostly with fleet at Webster Lake in Mass and Newport, RI harbor. Came in 5th out of 6 at Nationals in 196? at Belport, LI, NY. Was member of Webster Lake sailing Assoc. where there was a Y-Flyer fleet. It was considered a scow for inlandland lakes.
* Also raced an Ice boat in same period. Was DN style. Was sold to fellow in NH at Lake Winnaposaki(sp?) # DN ??. Did mostly sailing with the local group than actual racing as boat was out classed (heavy).
* Member of Hampden County Radio Ass. from 1955 thru 196? Was on board of directors in 1964 period. Got their first call sign / letters for them when I got W1HBP for myself. They later changed it to W1NY.
* While living in Wilbraham, I did part time professional photography. News shots for Springfield Union. Weddings for Nadolski Photo studio in Thorndike.
* Was part of the start up of Pioneer Valley Corvair Club in 1965 period. Went on for about 5 yrs. Mostly car rallies and parties.
* Was member of CORSA, the national Corvair group for a while, mainly to help sell the CORV8!. Purchased another wrecked 1966 Corvair with a nother fellow to get spare parts for the Corvair conversion.
* Was member of Explorers Club for while in Springfield. rember recruiting several felows to speak on gold panning in ME.
* Member of Thai-American Assoc. in DC area in 1990-93 period. Put on talk for them on doing business in Thailand by recruiting a member of American Chamber of Commerce from Bangkok. Interest in Thailand stems from trip to Thailand for month with Thai-Cambodian girlfriend.
* Member and Treasurer of Deciples of Christ Church in Savage, Md. in 1982-? period. Helped recruit new minister.
* Cars owned & operated: 58 MG Magnett sedan; 62 Chevy Impala? was dads before death; 79 Chevy Blazer ( full sized) 4 wheel drive; 65 Chey Corvair Corsa with 4 single barrel carbs; 66 Yenko Stinger Corvair, was converted to CORV8; ?? Chevy Sport Van110 size ; 87 Dodge/Chrysler Caravan LE ( Mini-Van)/ short version made in Ca.; 93 Dodge Caravan Grand (extended size).
* Worked as volunteer for Project Homecoming. Vietnamese Amoriasians kids ( mothers & other kids also) allowed to come to US. I was involved with teaching Algebra, helping with other school work, taking photographs, taking them to local events such as zoo & skating, bowling, recruiting helpers, getting donations ( computer). Worked out of Catholic Charities & Lutheran Charity Org.
* Member of NAFAX, North American Fruit Explorers
* Tropical Fruit Growers Association
* State of Wisconsin, Professional Engineer #17679, since abt. 1980?
Spouse: ROSITA FERRER CLARO-BOLT - 446
Birth Date: 5 Aug 1954
Birth Place: Philippines
Occupation: Accounting Manager For USDA Grad. School in DC
Religion: Christian ( non Catholic)
Spouse Father: Hemaroso Ferrer - 450
Spouse Mother: Catlina Veray - 451
Children: Dean Michael - 447
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.2.1.1 Dean Michael Bolt - 447
Birth Date: 16 Oct 1992
Birth Place: Columbia, MD-Howard County Hospital
Christen Place: none
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.3 Wendel Edward Clark - 54
Birth Date: 16 May 1914
Occupation: Wire Drawer for New England High Carbon Wire Co. for 30 yrs
Spouse: Dora Schnare - 373
Spouse Father: unk Schnare - 383
Children: Randy - 376
Janet - 377
Wendy Laurell - 378
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.3.1 Randy Clark - 376
Spouse: Diane Dunkin - 417
Occupation: From Worcester
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.3.2 Janet Clark - 377
Spouse: Carleton Cooper - 418
Occupation: From Worcester
Children: Corey - 419
Katie - 420
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.3.2.1 Corey Cooper - 419
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.3.2.2 Katie Cooper - 420
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.3.3 Wendy Laurell Clark - 378
Spouse: Thomas Sawyer - 421
Occupation: From Worcester
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.4a Gordon Lewis Clark* - 55
Birth Date: 8 Jun 1922
Spouse: Jean McGee - 379
Occupation: From Farmsville?
Other spouses: Eileen Kimball - 380
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.4b Gordon Lewis Clark* - 55
Spouse: Eileen Kimball - 380
Occupation: From Maine
Children: Betty Jane - 381
Russel Lewis - 382
Other spouses: Jean McGee - 379
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.4b.1 Betty Jane Clark - 381
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.4b.2 Russel Lewis Clark - 382
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.5a Gilbert Elwyn Clark* - 56
Birth Date: 24 Oct 1919
Spouse: Francis McDonough - 370
Birth Date: 1924
Death Date: May 1962
Death Place: Hannam Hospital /Worcester/Died at 38 of Cancer
Occupation: Liv 120 Marriam Rd.
Education: Grad of Immaculate Conception Porachial School in
Religion: St. Phillips Church-Catholic
Children: Donald - 384
Virginia Marie - 386
Stephen - 390
Other spouses: Elizabeth Priestly - 371
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.5a.1 Donald Clark - 384
Spouse: Nancy Cerillo? - 385
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.5a.2 Virginia Marie Clark - 386
Spouse: George Belsito - 387
Children: Lisa - 388
Tracy - 389
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.5a.2.1 Lisa Belsito - 388
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.5a.2.2 Tracy Belsito - 389
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.5a.3 Stephen Clark - 390
Spouse: Janet Carr - 391
Occupation: From Shewsbury
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.5b Gilbert Elwyn Clark* - 56
Spouse: Elizabeth Priestly - 371
Other spouses: Francis McDonough - 370
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.6 Theodore Hervey Clark - 57
Birth Date: 22 May 1925
Spouse: Doris Haley - 372
Children: Kathleen - 392
Andrew - 396
David Edward - 400
Kerry Lynn - 402
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.6.1 Kathleen Clark - 392
Spouse: George Walters - 393
Occupation: From Pottstown, PA
Children: Cynthia - 394
Theodore ? - 395
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.6.1.1 Cynthia Walters - 394
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.6.1.2 Theodore ? Walters - 395
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.6.2 Andrew Clark - 396
Spouse: Deborah ? - 397
Children: Scott - 398
Brian - 399
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.6.2.1 Scott Clark - 398
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.6.2.2 Brian Clark - 399
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.6.3 David Edward Clark - 400
Spouse: Lucille Stavola - 401
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.6.4 Kerry Lynn Clark - 402
Spouse: David Feurer - 403
Children: Christina Jean - 404
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.6.4.1 Christina Jean Feurer - 404
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 Mildred Buxton - 72
Death Date: 15 Feb 1984
Occupation: Liv Ocean Grove, NJ/Methodist Home for Deconesses
Spouse: Frank C. Cheever Rev. - 73
Occupation: Methodist minister-Buggy Whip Ckt in sakat., Ca
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 Idella ( Della) Buxton - 74
Spouse: Glen E. Burk - 75
Death Place: age 73 at home
Occupation: Forman at Westboro Hat Shop
Education: Liv 99 West Street,Grafton,MA/ there 62 yrs
Marriage Date: 1897
Children: Raymond G. - 487
Ralph B. - 488
Donald L. - 489
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.1 Raymond G. Burk - 487
Occupation: Liv Grafton
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.2 Ralph B. Burk - 488
Occupation: Liv Grafton
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.3 Donald L. Burk - 489
Occupation: Liv Grafton
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 Walter Eugene Buxton - 76
Birth Place: Grafton
Death Date: Mar 1964
Death Place: Memorial Hospital, Worcester
Occupation: Lived in 10 Second St,North Grafton, MA/Retired Shoe Worker
Spouse: Ester Jennison - 77
Death Date: 1960
Marriage Date: 1906
Children: Milton E. - 490
Franklin L. - 491
Winifred - 492
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.1 Milton E. Buxton - 490
Occupation: Liv North Grafton
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2 Franklin L. Buxton - 491
Occupation: Liv N. Grafton
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168.3 Winifred Buxton - 492
Occupation: Liv N. Grafton
Spouse: William F. Tebo - 493
22.214.171.124.2.1.2a Willard H. Buxton* - 78
Birth Date: 1864
Birth Place: Grafton
Death Date: 1952
Death Place: died at 88/Memorial Hospital;Worcester
Occupation: Wm H. Buxton-machinest living with Lewis-Poss Willard?
Education: Living Boylston, MA/Liv at Mill Road
Religion: Davis &Buxton Pressed Metal Co in Worcester
Spouse: Annette T. McKee - 467
Birth Place: Adrian, MO
Death Date: 27 Jan 1961
Death Place: at 69
Occupation: Liv Mill Rd, Boylston,MA for 45 yrs!
Spouse Father: Samuel McKee - 468
Spouse Mother: Katherine Stumbough - 469
Children: Richard D. - 470
Wilma H. - 471
Other spouses: unk-1st wife - 485
126.96.36.199.2.1.2a.1 Richard D. Buxton - 470
Occupation: liv Boylston,MA
188.8.131.52.2.1.2a.2a Wilma H. Buxton* - 471
Occupation: Liv Boston,MA
Spouse: George Reed - 472
Occupation: liv Boylston
Other spouses: unk Hodges - 486
184.108.40.206.2.1.2a.2b Wilma H. Buxton* - 471
Spouse: unk Hodges - 486
Occupation: Listed Husband in 1952
Other spouses: George Reed - 472
220.127.116.11.2.1.2b Willard H. Buxton* - 78
Spouse: unk-1st wife - 485
Other spouses: Annette T. McKee - 467
18.104.22.168.2.1.3 Fred E. Buxton - 79
Occupation: 1901 As slipper maker/1902 as paper hanger
Education: Living Worcester,MA
Religion: 1903 working at Crosley & Buxton Co.
22.214.171.124.2.1.4 Frank R. Buxton - 80
Birth Date: 1866
Occupation: Worc. dir of 1885/86 lists as organ reed maker
Education: Living Worcester, MA
126.96.36.199.2.1.5 Edward E. Buxton - 81
Birth Date: 1861
Occupation: 1885/86 listed as boat maker
Education: Living Worcester,MA
188.8.131.52.2.1.6 Leona A. Buxton - 82
Birth Date: 1868
Education: Living Westboro,MA
Spouse: Ainsworth - 83
Occupation: liv Westboro
184.108.40.206.2.1.7 Oreanna Buxton - 84
Birth Date: 1878
Occupation: Living Worcester,MA
220.127.116.11.2.1.8 Jennie Buxton - 85
Birth Date: 1873
Occupation: Living VT
Spouse: Bryant - 86
18.104.22.168.2.2 Plina Buxton - 90
22.214.171.124.2.3 Eliza Buxton - 116
126.96.36.199.2.4 Clarissa Buxton - 117
188.8.131.52.2.5 James Buxton - 118
Birth Date: 1811
Occupation: Spinner in Mill
Spouse: Emeline ? - 23
Birth Date: 1823
Children: Mary E. - 126
184.108.40.206.2.5.1 Mary E. Buxton - 126
Birth Date: 1838
220.127.116.11.2.6 Sally Anne Buxton - 119
Spouse: Elam Ingman - 127
Occupation: Lived Burrillville, RI
Marriage Date: 16 Jun 1850
Children: Lewis - 128
18.104.22.168.2.6.1 Lewis Ingman - 128
Birth Date: 1858
Death Date: 1919
Spouse: Victoria Crossman - 129
Marriage Date: 1900
22.214.171.124.2.7 Ester Buxton - 120
126.96.36.199.2.8 William Buxton - 121
Birth Date: 1818
Occupation: Spinner in Mill-1850/Shoemaker -1860/Custom Shoemaker-1870
Education: Living in Smithfield in 1850
Spouse: Mary E. ? - 130
Birth Date: 1820
Birth Place: Maine
Occupation: Spinner in Mill
Education: Living in Worcester,MA-1860
Children: Mary Etta - 131
Edith - 132
Jesse M. - 133
188.8.131.52.2.8.1 Mary Etta Buxton - 131
Birth Date: 1850
Birth Place: Worcester, MA
184.108.40.206.2.8.2 Edith Buxton - 132
Birth Date: 1862
Birth Place: Worcester, MA
220.127.116.11.2.8.3 Jesse M. Buxton - 133
Birth Date: 1871
18.104.22.168.2.9 Emily Buxton - 122
22.214.171.124.2.10 George Buxton - 123
Birth Date: 1822
Death Place: Typhus Feavor
Occupation: Spinner in Mill
Education: 7th Reg. Vol/ Civil War
Spouse: Lucy ? - 134
Birth Date: 1823
Children: Phila A. - 135
126.96.36.199.2.10.1 Phila A. Buxton - 135
Birth Date: 1849
188.8.131.52.2.11 Edward Buxton - 124
Birth Date: 19 Feb 1826
Death Date: 26 Jan 1908
Death Place: Home of son G.E.Buxton
Occupation: Business Man in Worcester,MA
Education: E. Buxton & Son Co-Dealer in Steel & Iron
Spouse: Julia Coburn - 136
Birth Date: 13 Oct 1828
Birth Place: Vt
Death Date: 23 Feb 1900
Marriage Date: 1 May 1848
Children: Gonzalo Edward - 137
Azro Lorenzo David (Azro L.D.) - 142
Augustine Americus - 148
Clarinda Julia - 152
184.108.40.206.2.11.1 Gonzalo Edward Buxton - 137
Birth Date: 18 Feb 1849
Death Date: 25 Jan 1927
Occupation: Noted physician in Providence,RI
Education: ( G. Edward)
Spouse: Sarah Amelia Harrington - 138
Death Date: 1925
Marriage Date: 1917
Children: ? - 139
? - 140
? - 141
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 ? Buxton - 139
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 ? Buxton - 140
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 ? Buxton - 141
220.127.116.11.2.11.2 Azro Lorenzo David (Azro L.D.) Buxton - 142
Birth Date: 4 Feb 1852
Death Date: 30 May 1927
Death Place: cancer
Occupation: Business man in Worcester, MA
Spouse: Eva L. Smythe - 143
Birth Date: 5 Aug 1854
Death Date: 15 Oct 1907
Death Place: stroke
Children: ? - 144
? - 145
? - 146
? - 147
18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124 ? Buxton - 144
126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52 ? Buxton - 145
184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 ? Buxton - 146
18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124 ? Buxton - 147
126.96.36.199.2.11.3 Augustine Americus Buxton - 148
Birth Date: 1857
Death Date: 18 Feb 1938
Occupation: Lawyer in Kansas City, KA
Spouse: Nora Lewis - 149
Children: ? - 150
? - 151
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 ? Buxton - 150
220.127.116.11.18.104.22.168 ? Buxton - 151
22.214.171.124.2.11.4 Clarinda Julia Buxton - 152
Birth Date: 1859
Death Date: 1930/1939
Spouse: Robert Fulton - 153
Occupation: Professor opf Elocution at Ohio Wesleyan U., Delaware, Ohio
Education: No schildren
126.96.36.199.3 Rufus Buxton - 154
Birth Date: 15 Sep 1778
Death Date: 23 Dec 1863
Spouse: Judith Southwick Buxton - 157
Birth Date: 12 May 1780
Death Date: 4 Sep 1860
Occupation: Rufus & Judith were cousins
Marriage Date: 1802
188.8.131.52.4 Otis Buxton - 155
Birth Date: 1785
Death Date: 1876
Death Place: Daughters home-Rhoda Ide
Occupation: Farmer in Wallum Pond area
Spouse: Salome Buxton - 158
Birth Date: 1788
Death Date: 1861
Death Place: Sons home, Allen
Burial Place: Webster Gore Cem.
Occupation: Liv Buxton Street in Slatersville ( Smithfield) RI
Religion: Salome & Otis were cousins
Children: Aurilla - 159
Daniel Southwick ( Seth) - 161
William - 191
Amasa - 206
Rhoda - 208
Allen - 223
Louisa - 224
Lucinda - 226
Ruth Anne - 217
184.108.40.206.4.1 Aurilla Buxton - 159
Birth Date: 11 Dec 1808
Spouse: Thomas Howland - 160
Occupation: Liv Southbridge
Education: No children
Thomas Howland sold Allen Buxton of Douglas, 83 acres in Douglas for $1.00. Deed rg. book 392, pg 47.
220.127.116.11.4.2a Daniel Southwick ( Seth) Buxton* - 161
Birth Date: 1812
Death Date: 1895
Occupation: Farmer/ Cattle Dealer in Douglas
Spouse: Lydia Dudley - 162
Birth Date: 1814
Death Date: After 1860
Other spouses: Sarah ( White) Horton - 163
18.104.22.168.4.2b Daniel Southwick ( Seth) Buxton* - 161
Spouse: Sarah ( White) Horton - 163
Birth Date: 1841
Death Date: 1884
Children: Nancy ( Margret) - 164
Ellen - 168
Elizabeth Ann - 172
George L. - 179
William W. - 183
Mary Ellen - 184
Charles Otis - 187
Cora Luessa - 189
Other spouses: Lydia Dudley - 162
22.214.171.124.4.2b.1 Nancy ( Margret) Buxton - 164
Birth Date: May 1838
Death Date: Mar 1929
Spouse: Grovenor Anderson - 165
Children: Nancy - 166
? - 167
126.96.36.199.4.2b.1.1 Nancy Anderson - 166
Education: Had red hair
188.8.131.52.4.2b.1.2 ? Anderson - 167
184.108.40.206.4.2b.2 Ellen Buxton - 168
Birth Date: 1841
Death Date: 1912
Spouse: Joel Wheelock - 169
Children: ? - 170
? - 171
220.127.116.11.4.2b.2.1 ? Wheelock - 170
18.104.22.168.4.2b.2.2 ? Wheelock - 171
22.214.171.124.4.2b.3a Elizabeth Ann Buxton* - 172
Birth Date: 21 May 1863
Death Date: 1917
Spouse: L. Angell - 173
Other spouses: W, Flemming - 174
126.96.36.199.4.2b.3b Elizabeth Ann Buxton* - 172
Spouse: W, Flemming - 174
Children: ? - 175
? - 176
? - 177
? - 178
Other spouses: L. Angell - 173
188.8.131.52.4.2b.3b.1 ? Flemming - 175
184.108.40.206.4.2b.3b.2 ? Flemming - 176
220.127.116.11.4.2b.3b.3 ? Flemming - 177
18.104.22.168.4.2b.3b.4 ? Flemming - 178
22.214.171.124.4.2b.4 George L. Buxton - 179
Birth Date: 5 Dec 1866
Spouse: Edna Taft - 180
Children: ? - 181
? - 182
126.96.36.199.4.2b.4.1 ? Buxton - 181
188.8.131.52.4.2b.4.2 ? Buxton - 182
184.108.40.206.4.2b.5 William W. Buxton - 183
Birth Date: 1869
Death Date: 1928
220.127.116.11.4.2b.6a Mary Ellen Buxton* - 184
Birth Date: 15 May 1871
Mary Ellen is our "Aurnt Minnie" Buxton Church" who was driving force in the BFA & had red hair. RThis was note in Beas Buxton Book!
Spouse: Fred A. Park - 185
Other spouses: George M. Church - 186
18.104.22.168.4.2b.6b Mary Ellen Buxton* - 184
Spouse: George M. Church - 186
Occupation: Driving force in BFA? had red hair
Education: No children!
Other spouses: Fred A. Park - 185
22.214.171.124.4.2b.7 Charles Otis Buxton - 187
Birth Date: 15 Apr 1873
Spouse: Ada Taft - 188
Had 5 children
126.96.36.199.4.2b.8 Cora Luessa Buxton - 189
Birth Date: 1876
Death Date: 1973
Had 5 children
Spouse: John F. Bates - 190
Loved to hunt & fish. He had bad knee, ae. 80, and gave up fly casting.
188.8.131.52.4.3 William Buxton - 191
Birth Date: 1814
Death Date: 1897
Occupation: William was a small farmer, bookeeper at Slater Mill.
Education: Liv Webster
All children born in Douglas
Spouse: Mary Aldrich - 192
Spouse Father: Aseal Aldrich - 194
Marriage Date: 2 Aug 1841
Children: Henery G. - 193
Evert H. - 195
William Francis - 197
Mary Emily - 200
Harris Clayton - 203
184.108.40.206.4.3.1 Henery G. Buxton - 193
Birth Date: 5 Mar 1844
Occupation: Advent Minister
Married & 3 children?
220.127.116.11.4.3.2 Evert H. Buxton - 195
Birth Date: 12 Nov 1846
18.104.22.168.4.3.3 William Francis Buxton - 197
Birth Date: 5 Aug 1849
Spouse: Meribah Burlingame Lawton - 198
Occupation: She was from Putnam, Conn
Marriage Date: 18 Jan 1882
Children: Wm? - 199
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 Wm? Buxton - 199
Death Place: lukemia
Occupation: Wm? daughter?
188.8.131.52.4.3.4 Mary Emily Buxton - 200
Birth Date: 11 Dec 1852
Death Date: 30 Nov 1894
Spouse: William Carrol - 201
Marriage Date: 6 Nov 1878
Children: ? - 202
184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11 ? Carrol - 202
18.104.22.168.4.3.5 Harris Clayton Buxton - 203
Birth Date: 4 Nov 1859
Spouse: Florence May - 204
Children: ? - 205
22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199 ? Buxton - 205
Education: 1 daughter born to them
188.8.131.52.4.4 Amasa Buxton - 206
Birth Date: 1818
Occupation: Small farm in Douglas, MA
He was not married in 1860. He died in Civil War!
Spouse: Martha Waite - 207
184.108.40.206.4.5 Rhoda Buxton - 208
Birth Date: 18 Sep 1812
Death Date: Jan 1914
Spouse: Alonzo Ide - 209
Birth Date: 1803
Occupation: Farmer in Webster, MA
Marriage Date: 2 Aug 1841
Children: Monroe - 210
Ann M. - 213
Oscar F. - 215
Francis I. ( Charles) - 216
220.127.116.11.4.5.1a Monroe Ide* - 210
Birth Date: 2 Oct 1833
Death Date: 15 Jun 1924
Death Place: Dudley, MA
Spouse: Abbie Chandler - 211
3 children by her
Other spouses: Jennie D. Pennington - 212
18.104.22.168.4.5.1b Monroe Ide* - 210
Spouse: Jennie D. Pennington - 212
Other spouses: Abbie Chandler - 211
22.214.171.124.4.5.2 Ann M. Ide - 213
Birth Date: 24 Jul 1835
Spouse: Marcus Wood - 214
126.96.36.199.4.5.3 Oscar F. Ide - 215
Birth Date: 14 Jul 1846
He was unmarried!
188.8.131.52.4.5.4 Francis I. ( Charles) Ide - 216
Birth Date: 4 Mar 1838
Death Place: died young!
184.108.40.206.4.6 Allen Buxton - 223
Birth Date: 1827
Death Date: 1897
Occupation: Farmer & unmarried!
220.127.116.11.4.7 Louisa Buxton - 224
Birth Date: 1827
Spouse: W. Dore - 225
Education: no children
18.104.22.168.4.8 Lucinda Buxton - 226
Birth Date: 1832
Spouse: Obediah George - 227
Occupation: liv Webster
Children: Milton - 228
William - 229
Lula Buxton - 231
22.214.171.124.4.8.1 Milton George - 228
126.96.36.199.4.8.2 William George - 229
Spouse: Mae Cunningham - 230
188.8.131.52.4.8.3 Lula Buxton George - 231
Spouse: Frank Thompson - 232
184.108.40.206.4.9 Ruth Anne Buxton - 217
Birth Date: 1824
Spouse: George Wakefield - 218
Occupation: Liv Webster, MA
Children: Andrew J. - 219
Sarah Jane - 221
220.127.116.11.4.9.1 Andrew J. Wakefield - 219
Spouse: Jennie Ballard - 220
had 2 children
18.104.22.168.4.9.2 Sarah Jane Wakefield - 221
had one child
Spouse: Sumner Joslin - 222
22.214.171.124.5 Ruth Buxton - 156
Death Date: 1793
126.96.36.199.6 Elizabeth Buxton - 233
Birth Date: 1784
Spouse: Ellis Albee - 234
188.8.131.52.7 Harriet Buxton - 235
Spouse: Elliot Hildreth - 236
184.108.40.206.8 Charity Buxton - 237
Spouse: Pelatiah Goldwaite - 238
Occupation: liv Smithfield
Marriage Date: 5 Dec 1799
220.127.116.11.9 George Buxton - 239
Spouse: Lydia Sargent - 240
18.104.22.168.10 Jacob? Buxton - 241
Check this out, was on Beas book as possible 6 th generation???
22.214.171.124 John Buxton - 91
Birth Date: 1742
126.96.36.199 Ester Buxton - 92
Birth Date: ?
Spouse: James Elliot - 242
Marriage Date: 9 May 1771
188.8.131.52 Betsey Buxton - 93
1.1.2 Samuel Buxton - 94
1.1.3 Caleb Buxton - 95
Birth Date: About 1754
Children: Daniel - 96
184.108.40.206 Daniel Buxton - 96
1.1.4 Joseph Buxton - 97
Children: Ann - 98
Sarah - 99
Samuel - 100
220.127.116.11 Ann Buxton - 98
Birth Date: 1750
18.104.22.168 Sarah Buxton - 99
Birth Date: 1752
22.214.171.124 Samuel Buxton - 100
Birth Date: 1754
1.1.5 Anna Buxton - 101
1.1.6 Sarah Buxton - 102
1.1.7 Lydia - 103
Spouse: Callum - 110
Children: Lydia - 104
Anna - 105
Sarah - 106
Eunice - 107
Rachel - 108
Elizabeth - 109
126.96.36.199 Lydia - 104
Birth Date: 1752
188.8.131.52 Anna - 105
Birth Date: 1754
184.108.40.206 Sarah - 106
Birth Date: 1755
220.127.116.11 Eunice - 107
Birth Date: 1759
18.104.22.168 Rachel - 108
Birth Date: 1762
22.214.171.124 Elizabeth - 109
Birth Date: 1765
1.1.8 Aaron Buxton - 111
, Alvin Clarks daughter - 407 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.1.2
, Anna - 105 184.108.40.206
, Elizabeth - 109 220.127.116.11
, Eunice - 107 18.104.22.168
, Lydia - 103 1.1.7
, Lydia - 104 22.214.171.124
, Rachel - 108 126.96.36.199
, Sarah - 106 188.8.131.52
, Wayne Clarks#2-girl - 413 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.2.2
, Wayne Clarks#3-girl - 414 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.2.3
Anderson, ? - 167 126.96.36.199.4.2b.1.2
Anderson, Nancy - 166 188.8.131.52.4.2b.1.1
Belsito, Lisa - 388 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.5a.2.1
Belsito, Tracy - 389 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.5a.2.2
Bolt, Dean Michael - 447 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.2.1.1
Bolt, Richard Barkwill - 445 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.2.1
Burk, Donald L. - 489 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.3
Burk, Ralph B. - 488 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.2
Burk, Raymond G. - 487 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1
Buxton, ? - 139 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Buxton, ? - 140 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52
Buxton, ? - 141 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11
Buxton, ? - 144 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Buxton, ? - 145 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52
Buxton, ? - 146 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11
Buxton, ? - 147 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Buxton, ? - 150 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52
Buxton, ? - 151 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11
Buxton, ? - 181 18.104.22.168.4.2b.4.1
Buxton, ? - 182 22.214.171.124.4.2b.4.2
Buxton, ? - 205 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52
Buxton, Aaron - 111 1.1.8
Buxton, Allen - 223 184.108.40.206.4.6
Buxton, Amasa - 206 220.127.116.11.4.4
Buxton, Ann - 98 18.104.22.168
Buxton, Anna - 101 1.1.5
Buxton, Augustine Americus - 148 22.214.171.124.2.11.3
Buxton, Aurilla - 159 126.96.36.199.4.1
Buxton, Azro Lorenzo David (Azro L.D.) - 142 188.8.131.52.2.11.2
Buxton, Benjamin - 30 1.1.1
Buxton, Betsey - 93 184.108.40.206
Buxton, Caleb - 95 1.1.3
Buxton, Charity - 237 220.127.116.11.8
Buxton, Charles Otis - 187 18.104.22.168.4.2b.7
Buxton, Clara Gertrude - 2 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199
Buxton, Clarinda Julia - 152 188.8.131.52.2.11.4
Buxton, Clarissa - 117 184.108.40.206.2.4
Buxton, Cora Luessa - 189 220.127.116.11.4.2b.8
Buxton, Daniel - 96 18.104.22.168
Buxton, Daniel Southwick ( Seth) - 161 22.214.171.124.4.2a
Buxton, David - 125 126.96.36.199.2
Buxton, Edith - 132 188.8.131.52.2.8.2
Buxton, Edward - 124 184.108.40.206.2.11
Buxton, Edward E. - 81 220.127.116.11.2.1.5
Buxton, Eliza - 116 18.104.22.168.2.3
Buxton, Elizabeth - 233 22.214.171.124.6
Buxton, Elizabeth Ann - 172 126.96.36.199.4.2b.3a
Buxton, Ellen - 168 188.8.131.52.4.2b.2
Buxton, Emily - 122 184.108.40.206.2.9
Buxton, Ester - 120 220.127.116.11.2.7
Buxton, Ester - 92 18.104.22.168
Buxton, Evert H. - 195 22.214.171.124.4.3.2
Buxton, Frank R. - 80 126.96.36.199.2.1.4
Buxton, Franklin L. - 491 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.2
Buxton, Fred E. - 79 220.127.116.11.2.1.3
Buxton, George - 123 18.104.22.168.2.10
Buxton, George - 239 22.214.171.124.9
Buxton, George L. - 179 126.96.36.199.4.2b.4
Buxton, Gonzalo Edward - 137 188.8.131.52.2.11.1
Buxton, Harriet - 235 184.108.40.206.7
Buxton, Harris Clayton - 203 220.127.116.11.4.3.5
Buxton, Henery G. - 193 18.104.22.168.4.3.1
Buxton, Idella ( Della) - 74 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199
Buxton, Jacob? - 241 188.8.131.52.10
Buxton, James - 118 184.108.40.206.2.5
Buxton, James -Capt. - 25 220.127.116.11
Buxton, Jennie - 85 18.104.22.168.2.1.8
Buxton, Jesse M. - 133 22.214.171.124.2.8.3
Buxton, John - 91 126.96.36.199
Buxton, Jonathan - 115 188.8.131.52.1
Buxton, Joseph - 97 1.1.4
Buxton, Leona A. - 82 184.108.40.206.2.1.6
Buxton, Lewis David - 21 220.127.116.11.2.1
Buxton, Lewis DeForest - 17 18.104.22.168.2.1.1
Buxton, Louisa - 224 22.214.171.124.4.7
Buxton, Lucinda - 226 126.96.36.199.4.8
Buxton, Mary E. - 126 188.8.131.52.2.5.1
Buxton, Mary Ellen - 184 184.108.40.206.4.2b.6a
Buxton, Mary Emily - 200 220.127.116.11.4.3.4
Buxton, Mary Etta - 131 18.104.22.168.2.8.1
Buxton, Mildred - 72 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199
Buxton, Milton E. - 490 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.1
Buxton, Nancy ( Margret) - 164 220.127.116.11.4.2b.1
Buxton, Oreanna - 84 18.104.22.168.2.1.7
Buxton, Otis - 155 22.214.171.124.4
Buxton, Phila A. - 135 126.96.36.199.2.10.1
Buxton, Plina - 90 188.8.131.52.2.2
Buxton, Rhoda - 208 184.108.40.206.4.5
Buxton, Richard D. - 470 220.127.116.11.2.1.2a.1
Buxton, Rufus - 154 18.104.22.168.3
Buxton, Ruth - 156 22.214.171.124.5
Buxton, Ruth Anne - 217 126.96.36.199.4.9
Buxton, Sally Anne - 119 188.8.131.52.2.6
Buxton, Samuel - 100 184.108.40.206
Buxton, Samuel - 94 1.1.2
Buxton, Sarah - 102 1.1.6
Buxton, Sarah - 99 220.127.116.11
Buxton, Walter Eugene - 76 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Buxton, Willard H. - 78 126.96.36.199.2.1.2a
Buxton, William - 121 188.8.131.52.2.8
Buxton, William - 191 184.108.40.206.4.3
Buxton, William Francis - 197 220.127.116.11.4.3.3
Buxton, William W. - 183 18.104.22.168.4.2b.5
Buxton, Wilma H. - 471 22.214.171.124.2.1.2a.2a
Buxton, Winifred - 492 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.3
Buxton, Wm? - 199 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11
Carrol, ? - 202 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124
Clark, Andrew - 396 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.6.2
Clark, Betty Jane - 381 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.4b.1
Clark, Brian - 399 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.6.2.2
Clark, Carolyn L. - 409 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.5
Clark, Cynthia J. - 416 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.6
Clark, David Edward - 400 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.6.3
Clark, Deborah A. - 369 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.4
Clark, Donald - 384 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.5a.1
Clark, Dorothy Gretrude - 53 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.2
Clark, Gilbert Elwyn - 56 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.5a
Clark, Gordon Lewis - 55 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.4a
Clark, Harold Alvin - 366 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.1
Clark, Harold Hervey - 52 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1
Clark, Janet - 377 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.3.2
Clark, Kathleen - 392 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.6.1
Clark, Kerry Lynn - 402 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.6.4
Clark, Patrica Ann - 368 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.3
Clark, Randy - 376 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.3.1
Clark, Russel Lewis - 382 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.4b.2
Clark, Scott - 398 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.6.2.1
Clark, Sean - 406 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.1.1.1
Clark, Stephen - 390 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.5a.3
Clark, Theodore Hervey - 57 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.6
Clark, Virginia Marie - 386 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.5a.2
Clark, Wayne - 367 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.1.2
Clark, Wayne Clarks#1 girl - 412 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.2.1
Clark, Wendel Edward - 54 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.3
Clark, Wendy Laurell - 378 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.3.3
Cooper, Corey - 419 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.3.2.1
Cooper, Katie - 420 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.3.2.2
Feurer, Christina Jean - 404 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.6.4.1
Flemming, ? - 175 184.108.40.206.4.2b.3b.1
Flemming, ? - 176 220.127.116.11.4.2b.3b.2
Flemming, ? - 177 18.104.22.168.4.2b.3b.3
Flemming, ? - 178 22.214.171.124.4.2b.3b.4
George, Lula Buxton - 231 126.96.36.199.4.8.3
George, Milton - 228 188.8.131.52.4.8.1
George, William - 229 184.108.40.206.4.8.2
Hanson, Elizabeth - 33 1.1
Hanson, Tobias - 561 1.
Ide, Ann M. - 213 220.127.116.11.4.5.2
Ide, Francis I. ( Charles) - 216 18.104.22.168.4.5.4
Ide, Monroe - 210 22.214.171.124.4.5.1a
Ide, Oscar F. - 215 126.96.36.199.4.5.3
Ingman, Lewis - 128 188.8.131.52.2.6.1
Wakefield, Andrew J. - 219 184.108.40.206.4.9.1
Wakefield, Sarah Jane - 221 220.127.116.11.4.9.2
Walters, Cynthia - 394 18.104.22.168.22.214.171.124.6.1.1
Walters, Theodore ? - 395 126.96.36.199.188.8.131.52.6.1.2
Wheelock, ? - 170 184.108.40.206.4.2b.2.1
Wheelock, ? - 171 220.127.116.11.4.2b.2.2